To work for a company that values the practice of software testing as an integral part in the development methodology and to play a key role in advancing testing as an organization to deliver high quality products to customers.
Java, C++, C#, BASIC, VB Script
MSTest, Microsoft Visual Studios, Azure Dev Ops (ADO), Team Foundation Server (TFS), HP's ALM (formerly Quality Center), HP's UFT (formerly QTP), Selenium WebDriver, FIT/FitNesse, SQL, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Eclipse, Android, Windows, XML, Beyond Compare, RedGate
2006 - Present Progressive Ins. Colorado Springs, CO
- Lead System Test Engineer (2019 - Present)
- Senior System Test Engineer (2012 - 2018)
- Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (2011)
- Quality Assurance Analyst (2007 - 2010)
- Quality Assurance Analyst Associate (2006)
2003 - 2007 CSTER Melbourne, FL
- Research Assistance
- CSTER: Center for Software Testing Education and Research
2003 - 2007 Florida Institute of Technology Melbourne, FL
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
- Graduated with honors: Magna Cum Laude
Skills and Responsibilities
- Create Test Strategies for small to medium projects. Review Test Strategy of peers.
- Set expectations for testers and stakeholders regarding operating procedures such as reporting (e.g. status, defects), communication (e.g. meetings, emails, portals, dashboards), and quality gates (e.g. entrance and exit criteria).
- Create Test Plans for small and medium projects and coordinate team efforts with peers on related projects.
- Estimate effort in terms of skill sets, hours, and number of testers and communicate this information to management.
- Specify existing or new skill, tool, and environmental requirements and work with management to procure those resources.
- Negotiate risk-based compromises with managers and business customers when coverage goals do not align with budgets or schedules.
- Guide the testing effort according to, and tracking it against, the strategy and plan, including activities such as forecasting, assignment and prioritization of activities, delegation and coaching.
- React to change during testing, adjust strategies and plan to retain focus on delivering value, help the testers and their stakeholders accept change, mitigate resource issues.
- Motivate and support the test team to create an environment that inspires high quality work, high morale, and a sense of responsibility for being objective investigators and messengers.
- Define test tools, data, and environmental requirements to enable testers, project managers, and support resources to plan and prepare for test execution.
- Review analysis done by team members, looking for opportunities to extend coverage and maximize efficiency.
- Establish the degree and nature of test automation to enhance the speed and reach of testers.
- Coach other testers and project team members on the discipline of testing in their context.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the test team in the preparation and maintenance of environments, data, tools, charters, scripts, fixtures, and other testware.
- Create and enhance tools or frameworks to realize opportunities for computer assistance with test execution.
- Integrate test automation solutions with enterprise and platform standard testware infrastructures and architectures.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for use of test automation, and consult with tool owners to facilitate maintenance of test automation.
- Identify testability opportunities within complex software systems based on architectural components and designs.
- Lead complex software testing development projects, and provide analysis and code review services to team members.
- Identify redundancies and inefficiencies in large scale automation solutions.
- Make recommendations to improve these solutions and simplify architectures.
- Recommend training on development practices and methods, and mentor less experienced test members.
- Professional Board Game Designer and Publisher
- Hobby mobile and console video game development.
- Personal mechanic fixing and repairing vehicles.
- Family Man